Are you an entrepreneur in a cultural and / or creative sector, based in Burkina Faso, Morocco, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Ghana or Senegal? Then the Creative Africa program might be for you.
The Creative Africa program , financed by AFD and implemented by Africalia , alongside Investors & Partners , Zhu Culture and Bayimba , aims to promote the structuring of the cultural and creative ecosystem by supporting the development and strengthening of skills and networking of companies in the sector.
Develop cultural and creative industries in Africa
A still embryonic industrial sector in Africa, the cultural and creative industries (CCIs) constitute a considerable economic lever for the continent and have an essential role to play in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) .
The Creative Africa 2021 call for projects will identify ICC entrepreneurs who will join the Creative Africa program for a period of twelve months.
The support program offered to the winners is divided into three phases :
- Pre-incubation (3 months – 15 to 18 entrepreneurs selected)
- Incubation (6 months – 8 entrepreneurs selected on the basis of an oral presentation of their entrepreneurial project in front of a final jury)
- Acceleration (3 months – 8 entrepreneurs)
At stake :
- Technical reinforcement by experts both at national and international level
- Regular support by mentors
- Networking with partners and potential investors
- Subsidy to accelerate the growth of the company ( 30,000 to 50,000 €)
KEY INFORMATION :
- Target audience: cultural and creative businesses
- Target countries: Burkina Faso, Morocco, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tunisia, Côte d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal
- Number of final winners: 8 entrepreneurs
- Closure of the call for candidates: May 23, 2021 (included, i.e. before 11:59 p.m. )
- Launch of the incubation program: June 2021
- Online registration on the Creative Africa website
Leave a Reply